Method for preparing polyamide foam and foam capable of being produced by said method
A technology of polyamide and foam, which is applied in the field of preparing polyamide foam, and can solve the problems of irregular cell size and difficult control
- Application Information
AI Technical Summary
Problems solved by technology
 Example 1 : Preparation of expandable particles
 The compounds used are as follows:
 - PA1: polyamide 6,6 with a VI of 138 ml / g and containing 1500 ppm water. End group content: AEG=42meq / kg, CEG=79meq / kg.
 - PA2: polyamide 6,6 with a VI of 163 ml / g and containing 900 ppm water. End group content: AEG=35meq / kg, CEG=67meq / kg.
 - PU1: aliphatic thermoplastic polyurethane based on ε-caprolactone, sold under the name Krystalgran PN03-214 by Huntsman.
 - PU2: aliphatic thermoplastic polyurethane based on polyester, sold under the name Krystalgran PN3429-218 by Huntsman.
 The composition was prepared by melt mixing using a co-rotating twin-screw extruder of the Thermo Prism type (model TSE16TC, length / diameter ratio 25). The prepared compositions and extrusion conditions are detailed in Table 1. Compound ratios are expressed in weight percent of the composition.
 The extruded composition was cooled in water to a...
 Example 2 : The use of extrusion equipment to prepare expanded materials
 The expansion of the expandable particles of Example 1 was carried out in the melt phase using a co-rotating twin-screw extruder of the Thermo Prism type, type TSE16TC, with a length / diameter ratio of 25.
 Extrusion conditions and resulting densities are summarized in Table 2.
 Table 2
 In both cases, the pore distribution is closed.
 Example 3 : Utilize injection molding equipment to prepare expanded products
 The expansion of the expandable particles of Example 1 was carried out in the melt phase using a BOY 12M 129-18 injection molding machine from Bewe Plast with a plate mold of dimensions (mm) 80×10×4. The injection molding conditions and resulting densities are summarized in Table 3.
 table 3
 In both cases, the pore distribution is closed. The core / skin structure was observed to have a cell size gradient from about 50 μm below the skin to about 1 mm in the core (see attached figure 1 , which corresponds to composition 1), a typical structural foam.
- R&D Engineer
- R&D Manager
- IP Professional
- Industry Leading Data Capabilities
- Powerful AI technology
- Patent DNA Extraction