1. Preparation of medicines: 6 grams of dried ginger, 4 grams of atractylodes, 2 grams of Evodia, 4 grams of Atractylodes, 4 grams of Psyllium, 2 grams of cloves.
 2. Medication method: Process the above-mentioned medicine into fine powder, divide it into 5 parts, and apply one part to the child's abdomen and umbilicus, namely Shenque point. The dressing is changed once a day, 5 days as a course of treatment.
 3. Typical cases:
 Wang Yue, male, five months old, has frequent diarrhea since birth, which worsened before medication, and often had loose stools and a large number of milk flaps. A cephalosporin infusion in a women's and infants hospital was ineffective for one week, and was treated with this drug on January 21, 2004. I sometimes feel tired and thin, the skin is sagging, and the hands and feet are not warm. Inquiring that his mother likes to eat cold, eats more raw and cold things before and after pregnancy and childbirth, and during childbirth, she is hurt by dampness and cold, and she does not realize it, but harms the weak. This is diarrhea caused by internal attack of cold and dampness and weak spleen and stomach. Apply this medicine to the umbilical once a day to keep warm. It was more than ten times on the second day and seven times on the third day. After five days, it was basically once or twice a day. Continue to use the medicine for two days to consolidate the effect. Followed up two years later, she said she had no recurrence and her body development was normal.
 Liu Chang, female, 18 months old, has had diarrhea since weaning at the age of one year, ranging from three to five times a day to more than ten times a day. She often feels abdominal pain and sometimes vomiting, but she has become cyan and thin. , There are unresolved food residues. Children with weak spleen and stomach, eating disorders, loss of transportation and transformation, and diarrhea. Apply this medicine to the umbilical cord once a day, advise to adjust the diet and keep warm. Significantly improved after three days and recovered in five days. There was no recurrence during the two-year follow-up.
 experiment analysis
 1. Group screening:
 By consulting classic materials and pathological analysis, the pathogenesis and treatment principles were determined, and on this basis, the prescription and usage of this medicine were screened out.
 1. Pathological analysis: The motherland medicine believes that in infants and young children, diarrhea is caused by inadequate qi, delicate internal organs, external cold and dampness, internal injury to milk and food, irregular diet, damage to the spleen and stomach, and weak spleen and stomach. The spleen and stomach are the foundation of acquired nature, the source of qi and blood biochemistry, which transports and transforms the essence and moisture of water. Due to cold dampness or improper diet, damage to the spleen and stomach, neither can transport water to gluten the vitality of blood, nor can it transport water and wetness down the bladder, causing water valleys and water dampness to travel together in the intestines, resulting in diarrhea.
 2. Principles of treatment: to remove cold from the middle, diure water and dry warmth, invigorate the spleen and stomach, promote qi and reduce adverse effects.
 3. Recipe analysis: dried ginger contains volatile oil and gingerol, etc., has a pungent and hot nature, enters the spleen, stomach and lung meridian, functions to eliminate cold from the middle, regain yang and clear the pulse, treat heart and stomach cold and pain, vomiting and diarrhea; atractylodes contains atractylol (C 15 H 26 O), Atractylodes (C 15 H 20 O), vitamin VA, VD, etc., bitter and warm, enter the spleen and stomach meridian, invigorate the spleen and dry dampness, relieve depression and eliminate filth, treat diarrhea, vomiting, etc. of the dampness and stagnation of the spleen. Wet, it is the king; Baizhu contains atractylol (C 15 H 24 O) Atractylone (C 15 H 20 O), vitamin VA, etc., sweet, bitter and warm, enter the spleen and stomach meridian, nourish the spleen and stomach, dry dampness, and cure the spleen and stomach weakness, lack of diet, fatigue, swelling, diarrhea, edema, etc. The spleen and stomach are ministers; the evodia contains evodia lactone (C 15 H 30 O 8 ), evodia (C 10 H 18 ), Evodia (C 19 H 17 ON 3 ), Evodia subineine (C 18 H 13 ON 3 ), etc., hard work, severe fever, minor toxicity, enters the liver and stomach meridian, has the functions of warming and relieving pain, regulating qi, reducing adverse effects, and removing dampness, mainly treating hiccups, vomiting and diarrhea, abdominal distension and pain, etc., as adjuvant; Plantago Seed Containing plantago acid (C 5 H 8 O 3 ), plantain succinic acid, etc., with sweet and cold nature and taste, enters the kidney and bladder channel, functions to diure water and clear heat. On the one hand, it prevents the danger of overheating of various drugs, and on the other hand, it leads the evil of spleen and stomach dampness from the bladder; cloves contain cloves Oleol (C 10 H 12 O 2 ) And tannins, oleanolic acid, etc., Xin Wen is non-toxic, enters the spleen, stomach and kidney meridian, warms the middle and warms the kidney to reduce the adverse effect and relieves vomiting, treats abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea, and induces the qi from the spleen, stomach and kidney meridian. Combining all the medicines, warming the middle and eliminating cold, diuresis and drying warmth, invigorating the spleen and stomach, promoting qi and reducing adversity, and performing wonderful powers.
 In the process of formula screening, a large number of experiments have proved that the effective dosage range of this drug is relatively wide. Therefore, the effective range, preferred range, preferred plan and clinical preferred dosage (parts by weight) are proposed based on the experimental data:
 Effective range: 20-40 parts of dried ginger, 10-30 parts of Cangzhu, 5-15 parts of Evodia, 15-25 parts of Atractylodes, 15-25 parts of Plantago, 5-15 parts of Clove.
 Preferred range: 25-35 parts of dried ginger, 18-22 parts of Cangzhu, 8-12 parts of Evodia, 18-22 parts of Atractylodes macrocephala, 18-22 parts of Plantago Seed, 8-12 parts of Clove.
 First choice: 30 parts of dried ginger, 20 parts of Cangzhu, 10 parts of Evodia, 20 parts of Atractylodes macrocephala, 20 parts of Plantago Seed, 10 parts of Clove.
 Clinical treatment dosage: 6 grams of dried ginger, 4 grams of atractylodes, 2 grams of Evodia, 4 grams of Atractylodes, 4 grams of Plantago, 2 grams of clove.
 2. Usage and point selection:
 Umbilical compression therapy is selected through various comparisons. Umbilical compress therapy belongs to the category of external treatment of Chinese medicine. The human belly button is the channel of human metabolism during the fetal period. Although it is closed after birth, the epidermal stratum corneum is very thin, and there is no subcutaneous fat tissue, fascia, etc., so the permeability is good, and the drug disperses quickly, which is beneficial to the absorption of the drug to achieve the therapeutic effect. In Chinese medicine, the navel is called Shenque point, which is the congenital pedicle of life and acquired qi, which can regulate the qi of the whole body. Through the meridians, it is closely connected with the internal organs, the limbs, the flesh, muscles and bones. After absorption, the internal organs can be reached through the meridians, and the limbs can be transported out, so it can have a good therapeutic effect on many diseases. For diarrhea, it has a more direct therapeutic effect, so the effect is better. In the Qing Dynasty, Wu Shiji said: “The principle of external treatment is the principle of internal treatment, and the medicine for external treatment is also the medicine for internal treatment, and the different ones are different.” But in fact, the medicines used for external treatment of internal diseases and internal medicines in Chinese medicine are not exactly the same. of. Especially for pediatric umbilical therapy, firstly, it needs less medicine and secondly it has quick effect. Therefore, choose medicines with strong pungent fragrance, strong penetrability, and easy to get good results quickly.
 3. Experimental conditions:
 (1) Acute toxicity test Passed the mouse acute toxicity test, and did not detect the half-lethal dose LD50, so the maximum tolerable dose was determined. The mouse belly button was taken 50g/kg, which is equivalent to the clinical dosage (1g crude drug/human ·Day·kg) 50 times, no toxic effect was found. Later, 20 times the amount of external medication was used to give mice forcibly orally, and no toxicity was found.
 (2) Long-term toxicity test According to the "New Drug Evaluation Method", 80 Wistar rats were used, divided into control group and experimental group, which were 20, 30, and 50 times the clinical dosage (clinical dosage of 1g crude drug/human ·Day·kg), continuous abdominal administration for three months, the observation results confirmed that the drug has no effect on rat body weight, food intake, hematology, serum biochemistry and other ten biochemical indicators such as heart, liver and kidney function and electrocardiogram. Obviously affected, no obvious toxic pathological changes were found in all organs under microscope.
 (3) Relevant standards
 1. Diagnostic criteria:
 (1) Stages:
 I. The course of acute diarrhea is less than 2 weeks.
 II. The course of persistent diarrhea lasts from 2 weeks to 2 months.
 III. The course of chronic diarrhea lasts for more than 2 months.
 (2) Classification:
 I. Cold and wet type: stools are thin and foamy, light color, odorless, abdominal pain and bowel, pale complexion, long urine, white and greasy tongue coating, pulse moist, and reddish fingerprints.
 II. Damp-heat type: abdominal pain and diarrhea, urgent violent injection, yellowish hot and smelly stool, hot body and thirst for drinking, oliguria is yellowish, yellow greasy tongue coating, slippery pulse, purple fingerprint.
 III. Food-injury type: abdominal distension and abdominal pain, pain reduction after diarrhea, a lot of sour and smelly stool, undigested food, accompanied by vomiting, soreness, appetite, not thinking about milk food, thick or dirty coating, slippery pulse.
 IV. Spleen deficiency type: chronic diarrhea does not heal or recurrent episodes, pale complexion, fatigue and fatigue, loss of appetite and appetite, thin stools, unresolved food, long-term kidney yang, more diarrhea, unresolved diarrhea, lethargy , The limbs are cold, and the pulse is weak.
 (3) Indexing:
 I. Mild diarrhea: mostly caused by dietary factors or by intestinal viruses or non-invasive bacteria. Mainly symptoms of gastrointestinal tract, the number of stools per day is less than 10 times, each stool volume is not much, thin or watery, yellow, with sour taste, common white or yellow-white soap-like milk petals and foam, can Mixed with a small amount of mucus. Generally no fever or low fever, with loss of appetite, occasional galactorrhea or vomiting, no obvious systemic symptoms, good spirits, no symptoms of dehydration.
 II. Moderate diarrhea: The daily stool frequency is more than 10 to 20 times, stools are clear, loss of appetite or accompanied by vomiting, mild dehydration, and poor mental state.
 III. Severe diarrhea: frequent gastrointestinal symptoms, diarrhea, more than 20 stools per day, more water but less feces, or more watery stools mixed with mucus, and may be accompanied by abdominal distension and vomiting. Can be accompanied by different degrees of dehydration.
 2. Curative effect standard:
 (1) Short-term efficacy standards:
 Healed: The diarrhea stopped, defecation once a day, all other symptoms disappeared.
 Significant effect: diarrhea basically disappeared, defecation 1-2 times a day, occasionally not formed stools, most other symptoms disappear.
 Effective: The frequency of diarrhea is obviously reduced, but the bowel movement is more than 2-3 times a day;
 Invalid: Diarrhea and other symptoms are not significantly improved or worsened.
 (2) Long-term efficacy standards:
 Healed: The diarrhea stopped, the bowel movement was normal, and there was no recurrence within three months.
 Significantly effective: diarrhea stopped, occasionally recurred within three months, and clinical control was still achieved after repeated use.
 Effective: The frequency of diarrhea is obviously reduced, but the bowel movement is still more than once a day; or the diarrhea stops, but it is easy to recur when encountering adverse stimuli.
 Invalid: Diarrhea and other symptoms are not significantly improved or worsened.
 (4) Clinical comparative experiment
 From 2003 to 2006, according to the diagnosis and treatment standards, 200 cases of mild to moderate outpatients were admitted. Based on the opinions of the patients’ parents, they were divided into an experimental group and two control groups, with 100 cases in the experimental group and 50 in each control group. For example, the experimental group used the drug of the present invention to apply the umbilical cord, the control group I used the commercially available external patch "Baoyi Tieling", and the control group II took the western medicine Smecta. The short-term curative effect was calculated after one course of treatment, and the long-term curative effect was calculated after three months. For severe children, they are mostly caused by infection factors and require the use of western medicine supportive therapy. Therefore, western medicine treatment is used as a control and another experiment is performed. The experimental conditions of mild to moderate children are as follows:
 Table 1 Gender
 Table 2 Age
 Table 3 Course of disease
 Course of disease
 Table 4 Types of Traditional Chinese Medicine
 Table 5 Severity
 Table 6 Convenience inspection results:
 test group
 Table 7 Comparison of short-term efficacy of each group
 test group
 Table 8 Long-term efficacy control of each group
 test group
 Table 9 Relationship between TCM classification and efficacy (experimental group)
 4. Conclusion: It can be seen from the above tables that 1. The short-term and long-term curative effect of this group of drugs applied to Shenjue acupoint for the treatment of infants and young children non-infectious diarrhea are better than the control group, which is compared with the oral western medicine group The difference is particularly significant. 2. In the treatment group, the effects of cold-dampness group and spleen-deficiency group were obvious, while the effect of food injury group was worse, and the effect of damp-heat group was worse. It can be seen that there are differences in the dialectical use of traditional Chinese medicine for external use. 3. The long-term curative effect of this group is better than that of the control group, indicating that it has more important and positive significance for its overall conditioning of infants and young children's body, improving infants' disease resistance and promoting their healthy development. It can be seen from the clinical observation that a considerable number of children have not only cured the diarrhea, but also improved their appetite and physical fitness, and their usual cold conditions in the past have also improved. 4. Because the drugs in this group are warm in nature and longer than in warming to nourish deficiency, it is suitable for cold-dampness group and spleen deficiency group. Other types should pay attention to dialectical treatment. 5. A large number of clinical observations have proved that the appropriate addition and subtraction of this group of drugs also has a good effect on infant infectious diarrhea, which will be explained in a separate article.
 Infants and young children’s viscera are delicate and easy to be affected by various adverse stimuli to cause diarrhea and other diseases, and modern medicines often have side effects of varying degrees, especially the harm of abuse of antibiotics to infants and young children. The external treatment method uses less medicine, does not digest and absorb through the stomach and detoxify the liver, but directly plays a therapeutic effect through acupuncture points, reducing drug-induced damage. In addition, infants and young children are afraid of taking medicines and injections, and topical therapy has solved this problem, and patients and their families are willing to accept it. At the same time, the external treatment of Chinese medicine has quick effect and lasting effect, which is more beneficial to the healthy growth of infants and young children.